At home with the kids?
Join us online in Term Two and share the Joy of Music with your child
- at home!
Join our Weekly Music Groups for Babies, Toddlers and Preschoolers - now delivered online and in your home!
Did you know that Kids Music Beat now offers 30 minute fun and interactive music groups - live streamed to your home - anywhere around Australia (and the world)?
Now more than ever we need Music in our lives.
We believe strongly that the real magic happens when children make music with their loved ones and each other.
We didn’t want that to stop the music as a result of the current circumstances and the necessary social distancing required.
So we have taken Kids Music Beat online! We are offering all our music groups via video conferencing.
Our recent trial groups have been such a great success. We have been inundated with requests from people all over the world who want to join in too.
This means you can now enjoy a Kids Music Beat music group live streamed to your home - no matter where you live! Or what circumstances are going on in the world.
Join us for all the musical fun online for Term Two 2020!
Our Term Two music groups run from Monday 20 April to Friday 26 June.
All groups will be delivered online via video conferencing.
To book, click below, then choose the days and times that suits you.
A link will be sent to you before the start of each music group.
Groups are filling fast, don't wait any longer! The music starts in...
What to expect from our online
Music Early Learning Program.
Our music therapists and early childhood specialists are the experts at using music to enhance your child’s early development and nurture their existing musicality.
Our use of live music online means your child can participate in their own way and at their own level in the comfort of their own home with you!
We have adapted our Music Early Learning Program to the online environment for these online music groups.
Our Boppin' Babies program (babies to 12 months) focuses on repetition and a well-established structure with all your favourite songs.
Each music group starts and ends with regulatory activities. This way you (and your baby) learn how you can use music to regulate, sooth and stimulate at home.
Our baby movement section is all based around dancing with your baby in your arms or lap. These dances include a developmental focus on your bubs physical and coordination skills.
Our Rockin' Tots program (13 months to 2.5 years) This age group has a greater focus on making music with the whole body, including singing, dancing, moving to music and playing instruments.
Our Rockin’ Tots always start by singing hello to their friends. This gives us a change to practise very important toddler social skills. Then we love to sing! Singing is a great way for your toddler to practise using their newly forming words and sounds.
We use a lot of pacing, and ebb and flow through these sessions to allow your toddler a space to move in and out of the activities and practice attending to task.
Our Mini Mus-Ohs (2.5 to 3.5 years) are for older toddlers who are ready to explore music and their world in more sophisticated ways using their imaginations, and are mini musicians in the making of course!
Sessions are structured to allow your child to move sequentially to more developmentally advanced tasks, within a supportive and predictable structure.
We use different movement songs that incorporate more complex planned motor movements, and instruments are played differently to maximise your child’s developmental gains.
Pre-Prep Rockstars (3.5 tp 4 years +) are our biggest boppers of all. This is a super fun group that continues our philosophy that all children are innately musical and parents are their first and most important teachers.
Your child will enjoy lots of creative play, school readiness activities and for the first time be introduced to formal music early learning.
And with school just around the corner, we offer a range of musical activities that will also help prepare your pre-schooler for school.
Our Combo groups ( mixed age music groups 12 months to 4+ years) appeal to families with more than one child and also to people who want a group that fosters natural family-style learning. Research supports mixed ages of children working together to encourage social and musical engagement across developmental ages.
We can pitch the one activity at children of different ages and abilities and everyone can still participate successfully. For action songs, babies or younger toddlers can watch you do the actions and sing (and practice visual auditory tracking, and participate with your help). Your toddler would join in and do the key actions with us while dancing and singing. Meanwhile, your pre-schooler would sing from start to finish with relative pitch correctness, demonstrating leadership skills and complete actions.
We end with quiet time so everyone learns to regulate their feelings, bodies and emotions.
We are all about Parental Participation.
You are the expert when it comes to your child. We provide the structure and expertise to allow you to be the expert musical parent. We support you to participate in the music sessions with your child through singing, moving to music, playing instruments (or homemade instruments) and in improvised musical play.
We will send you a list of everyday items you can use in the home to make music with us.
Read what our happy customers have to say:
It's inspiring to see such a creative response to changing circumstances. Today we got to make music with friends who moved interstate earlier this year - just wonderful!
And while most other activities have had to stop, it's wonderful to have some of our normal routine carrying on. Plus, you're giving us a reason to get dressed and tidy the lounge room - added bonus. ;)
Actually, it's kind of a strange, unexpected benefit, but you're helping bring music into our home! We've always done our best - we sing and dance and make music as best we can, but having music groups happening here in our lounge room somehow makes it even easier to repeat it at other times. It won't replace all the benefits of face to face, but there are some new benefits I didn't even anticipate!
I absolutely love Music Beat’s Boppin Babies sessions for my 10 month old. With all that’s happening at the moment, Miss Vicky was quick to change our session structure to online delivery and we had our first virtual class today.
It was excellent! Miss Penny had us both bouncing and singing along. My son recognised her on the screen straight away. Penny made us all feel involved. I was very impressed and highly recommend the virtual classes!
Looking for instruments to use in the home?
We stock a huge range of baby and children’s musical instruments to suit varying age groups. We ship Australia-wide and offer Free Shipping for Australian customers when you spend $150 in a single order.
"We offer a special time in the week where you and your child can experience the magic of making music together.
"Families that make music together grow together. Our program will help you to foster a stronger
bond with your child and give you access to ideas, resources while making new friends to make
"We look forward to welcoming you and your little bopper online!”
Join us for all the musical fun!
Experience the fun and joy of making music with your child. Don't wait any longer!
To book, click below.
Terms & Conditions:
- All Kids Music Beat music groups will be delivered online until further notice. Timetables for groups may change depending on demand.
- For Term Three, we will determine what online services we will be offering depending on demand.
- For new customers who live outside of Brisbane we will determine what online services we will be offering in Term Three, depending on demand.
- Booking is per family (the parents / carers and children of a single household).
- We have selected the video conferencing platform Zoom https://zoom.us. This platform is free to use and is compatible with iOS (iPhone/iPad/Mac) Android and Windows operating systems. You can download the Zoom app from the Zoom Download Center here: https://zoom.us/download
- Your Zoom link is for YOUR use only. Your Zoom link will be sent to you via email before your group, Please ensure you have provided a correct email address for the parent / carer / guardian. Please check your Spam or Junk Mail folder for your link email.
- Online music groups will be delivered via Zoom video conferencing. By joining an online music group you acknowledge that you and you child can be seen by other participants in the video call.
- All times are in Australian Eastern Standard Time (AEST), UTC 10+. All prices are in Australian Dollars, inclusive of GST.
- Music Beat Australia is not responsible for the quality of your internet connection, video/audio lag, lost or dropped connections or for Zoom video/audio issues.
- Music Beat Australia cannot provide technical support.
- Music Beat Australia is not responsible for safety issues in your home or remote setting, you will be responsible for your safety and for the safety of the children and/or people under your care.
- Music Beat Australia reserves the right to remove any participant during an online session for inappropriate, harassing, threatening or indecent behaviour. No refunds will be offered..
- Bookings are not transferable.
- Payments are non refundable, we cannot provide refunds for non-attendance, if your change your mind, if you are unable to connect, if the connection is lost during your session, for Zoom audio/video issues or for circumstances beyond our control (such as network or Zoom outages).
- All groups are live streamed and cannot be made up (as the links are sent to a unique live group), no refunds or credits will be offered for missed or lost sessions.
- If we need to cancel music sessions due to illness, injury or the unforeseen unavailability of a staff member, we will notify as soon as we can via email and advise you of any make-up sessions we are offering.
- You acknowledge that you have read and accept Zoom’s Terms of Service and Acceptable Use Policy.
- All other standard Music Beat Australia Terms & Conditions apply.