Important notice to families
January 29, 2020
Music Beat Australia requests that if children and their parents/carers have travelled in China (including Hong Kong) do not access Music Beat Australia services (Kids Music Beat, Music Beat Therapy Services, Music Beat Lessons + Tuition) until after 14 days of your leaving China (including Hong Kong). Please notify us immediately if this is the case.
Please see the update below issued by Queensland Health on 29 January.
Childcare, school and TAFE:
- Contacts of any confirmed novel coronavirus case must self-isolate and should not attend school, childcare or TAFE for 14 days following latest exposure with the case.
- Returned travellers who have visited China, including Hong Kong, should not attend school, childcare or TAFE for 14 days after leaving China, including Hong Kong.
- This includes students, teachers and anyone who works or attends these facilities.
- Contacts of any confirmed novel coronavirus case must self-isolate for 14 days following latest exposure to the case.
- Returned travellers who have visited Hubei Province of China need to self-isolate for 14 days after leaving Hubei Province.
Self-isolation means staying at home and not accepting visitors.
Why has the advice changed?
This is a precautionary measure following brand new advice around the timeframe that people may be contagious before showing symptoms.
Where can I get further information?
For further information about 2019-nCoV visit:
Queensland Health website: https://www.qld.gov.au/
Australian Government Department of Health website https://www.health.gov.au/
Telephone: 13HEALTH (13 43 25 84)