Music Beat Australia began as an idea of our founder Vicky Abad when her daughter was born in 2006.
Miss Vicky is a Registered Music Therapist with extensive national and international clinical experience in paediatric and early intervention music therapy and music early learning.
She is a world leading authority in these areas who researches and lectures internationally in these fields.
Boppin’ Babies – where it all began
Vicky wanted to experience with her little baby the magic that is connecting and engaging through live and interactive music, but there was nothing around that offered what she was looking for.
So she began one informal music group with her mothers’ group friends when her daughter was just four months old. Here friends were so happy with the program that they told their friends.
Watching the babies bop up and down to the music, and learn and grow through musical play prompted Miss Vicky to call the business ‘Boppin’ Babies’.
Time passed and Vicky’s baby kept growing!! Soon she began offering more groups for older infants and toddlers and then pre-schoolers.
As Miss Boppin’ Babies grew so did the business. Many of the little boppers also grew up and wanted to continue their musical journey.
She received many requests for music lessons, and was approached by parents and carers for help and to answer questions when they had worries about their child’s development.
Miss Vicky’s team began to grow. We began offering programs to meet the growing needs of families, who wanted to learn an instrument or attend a music therapy program.
Music Beat Australia is born
As the range of services we offered grew Miss Vicky realised there was much more to what we offered than baby groups.
All of our services are now offered under the new business name of Music Beat Australia.
- Kids Music Beat is Boppin’ Babies is all grown up! Kids’ Music Beat includes our original Brisbane-based Boppin’ Babies community music groups for babies, Rockin’ Tots and Mini-Mus-oh community groups for toddlers, Pre-Prep Rockstars community groups for pre-schoolers, and Combo groups for families
- Music Beat Therapy Services – previously Music for Being, our music therapy services are available for children and adults of all ages and abilities.
- Music Beat shop – We are experts in early childhood music and specialise in supplying music instruments and products for parents, music educators and music therapists. We also support Registered Music Therapists and students in their practice by providing this range of products for purchase with a discount when you place a minimum order.
- Music Beat Lessons + Tuition – formerly known as My Musical Child, Music Beat Classes and Tuition offers piano, guitar, violin, singing and drama lessons for primary and secondary school aged children. Music classes are offered before and after school on Brisbane’s northside. Your child will learn musical skills essential for any budding musician!
- Music Beat Childcare – Childcare groups are offered national wide as well as pre-prep and kindergarten programs for music early learning,
- Boppin’ Birthdays – Children’s birthday parties
These past ten years we have worked with thousands of children and their families and grown from one little group into a multi-faceted service that supports and enhances the lives of many.
From little boppers big kids grow!
Music Beat Australia is proud to continue the journey for the next ten years.